Groups & Activities
Participating in the Liturgy and Life of the Parish
The purpose and membership of the Pastoral Council can be seen on the About Us page.
Here you will find the minutes of previous Parish Council meetings.
Below you will see how the various parish activities to which everyone is welcome. If there is something you feel is missing and would like to talk about how this may be included please contact the Parish Office.
Latest meeting agenda and minutes:
Our activities for younger children are centred around the Sunday Children’s liturgy. Some of our children are members of the Uniform Groups at St Anne’s.
Our Secondary school children join Amplify, the youth group based at St Annes and through this complete their Duke of Edinburgh medals and join the Archdiocese pilgrimage to Lourdes as helpers.
Older teenagers have the opportunity to join Animate , an Archdiocesan group of young people who commit to service for a year or so and live at Lowe House at St Helens. The group are involved in a range of activities within Catholic primary and secondary schools.
Our sister church, St Elizabeth’s, has close ties with St Mark’s and Bescar Lane Methodists in Scarisbrick and so offers St Anne’s parishioners participation in the Lenten Courses organised by the churches.
St Anne’s also participates in the Good Friday Walk of Witness, Remembrance Sunday Services and Civic Services.
Adult Faith Formation
Adult Faith Formation is the continued growth in the love of God, giving us a deeper understanding of our faith as we live out our baptismal vocation. Opportunities to help us grow, include the following:
- Occasional talks on matters of faith, on the scriptures and on the liturgies of the church’s year.
- Pilgrimages, journeys to significant places, reminding us of our life’s journey and purpose.
- Several times we have made pilgrimages to the Holy Land and to Lourdes.
- Other pilgrimages have taken us “In the Footsteps of the Northern Saints”, “In the Footsteps of St Paul”, “Discovering Faith in the Thames Valley” and to Medjugorje.
- Courses. Courses such as the Alpha Course and the Pilgrim Course (which explores the Our Father and the Creed) are organised by the parishes. Others are offered by the Archdiocese, including the Diploma in Pastoral Ministry, with courses in Spirituality and Growth led by the archdiocesan Irenaeus Project